South of Perth. Double brick contract, slab booked for early November. Supervisor rang yesterday and said our face brick colour is in a queue. Yard is only releasing so many packs a month and bigger builders are in front of us. He made it sound normal. It did not feel normal.
They offered to redraw as timber frame with cladding so the slab date holds. I grew up in brick houses. Frame feels like a different build and Im not convinced the credit covers the redraw, the cladding, and whatever the energy bloke then wants changed.
Has anyone in WA actually been told their bricks are on allocation this year. Did you wait or switch. If you switched, what happened to the contract price, and did anyone get stuck redoing approvals.
Not after a lecture on housing targets. Just want to know if waiting two months is less painful than signing a variation I dont understand yet.